Tips & Advice for Planning a 5K Race
When planning a 5K, whether it's your first time or your 100th, it helps to have a step-by-step guide.
"How to Organize a 5K Race," a free resource from ACTIVE Endurance, is exactly that. With details on every step of the race organization process, from permits to planning a follow up event, the guide makes your difficult task more manageable.
Download this guide on organizing a 5K to learn how to:
- Handle the details of a 5K, including budgeting to make sure your race doesn't lose money
- Work with officials to receive the proper permits
- Use strategic marketing to spread the word about your event
- Strategically work with sponsors to improve your 5K
- Assess the success of your event and figure what didn't work
- Get a leg up on next year's event and keep your participants coming back
Built on the advice of seasoned race directors, including Dave McGillivray, race director of the Boston Marathon, Bart Yasso, the Chief Running Officer for Runner's World, and our own industry experts here at ACTIVE Network, this download offers important advice for your most successful event. It’s all there, explained by the best race directors to help you learn how to organize your 5K run and create an experience for your racers. Download the guide now!
"Preparation is key. Once that start gun fires, your event has a life of its own."
Race Director, Boston Marathon