As a race director, you may be an expert in your industry, but that doesn’t mean you’re an expert in marketing. Good news: You don’t have to run a big corporation or have a marketing degree to use the effective strategies the big boys are using.
Take the “Value Wedge.” Ever heard of it?
It’s a simple concept that helps you engage more participants to your event. And we can show you how to create your unique value wedge in only 15 minutes. Click on your region to the right for more information.
The Value Wedge Explained
Marketing is about relationships and all kinds of relationships are about overlap:
- Romance develops because of what two people have in common – the overlap of common interests and values
- Lifelong friendships withstand the test of time because of mutual history – the overlap of shared experiences
- Brand alliances are formed when an event’s good and services align with a consumer’s needs or desires – the overlap of supply and demand.
And that little red wedge is where you focus your event marketing messaging!
FINDING NEW WAYS TO OVERLAP
The endurance market is highly competitive. The overlap between what your events deliver to your participants and what other events offers them (that’s the green section; the “value parity”) can be very high.
That’s why you may need to get very creative and strategic about what you can offer that your competition can’t or doesn’t (Value Wedge). Strategies can include:
- Creating buyer personas so you’ll know your target customers and what they’re looking for
- Researching signature offerings that other industries use to provide extra value.1
- Using better race management software that lets you deliver the convenience your participants demand
- Accessing data that helps you focus your marketing dollars where they count
BUT WE’RE GETTING AHEAD OF OURSELVES…
Our participation research can give you a competitive edge for your value wedge and our Digital Marketing Consultant Manager, Will Bowman, can show you in only 15 minutes how to create your value wedge.
Join us for Part 2 of our Lifecyle webinar series:
Marketing for Events – Made Easy – Creating Your Value Wedge
Americas: Wednesday, August 17, 2016 at 1:00 PM Central Daylight Time
Asia: Thursday, August 18, 2016 at 10:30 AM Singapore Time
Australia: Thursday, August 18, 2016 at 10:30 AM Australian Eastern Standard Time
Europe: Thursday, August 18, 2016 at 12:30 PM British Summer Time
GET CAUGHT UP & DON’T MISS A SINGLE SESSION!
Click on your region to review or sign up for all the marketing topics in this 6-part webinar series: