You know that we love to write about endurance sports and ACTIVE.com is home to thousands of articles about topics like An Intro to Marathon Speed Workouts or 13 Scenic Century Rides or 9 Unique Triathlons Across the Country.
If you’re an ACTIVE customer, there’s now a way to nominate your event for a chance to be featured on pages like these! There’s no catch, this is completely free…we simply want to offer you another spotlight opportunity. You’ll get more exposure to participants during the various promotions we run throughout the year, and our site visitors will get the best content possible.
How would this benefit you? You’ll get a lot of free exposure to participants:
- Depending on the popularity of the topic, these articles typically generate between 25,000-700,000 page views and between 5,000-50,000 visits.
- We don’t ever take this content down from the site. It lives there forever, so traffic will continue to trickle in after the peak promotion of the piece.
- Your event also has a chance to be featured in our various newsletters such as ACTIVE Runner (2.3+ million subscribers) and ACTIVE Insider (1.7+ million subscribers), as well as our social media channels such as Facebook (1+ million followers) and Twitter (220,000 followers).
Our July promotion is Fall 5Ks (again, we’ll have others throughout the year, this is just the beginning). If you organize a 5K and want to nominate your event for free promotion on ACTIVE.com, you need to do these five things – deadline to submit is July 5th:
1. Send an email to Promoteyourevent@activenetwork.com
2. In the email, tell us what sets your race apart from the rest. For example, race details like:
- Scenic location
- Multiple distances
- Inaugural year
- Post-race party
- Prizes, awards, raffles
- Charitable cause
- Fun facts
3. Please include event photos. Photos must be 460×345 pixels, and in JPG or PNG formats. (If you’re an inaugural event and don’t have event photos, please provide an event logo.)
4. If you have participant testimonials, send them to us!
5. Finally, provide a link to your ACTIVE.com event registration page
Take advantage of this fantastic promotional opportunity and submit your event details to Promoteyourevent@activenetwork.com by July 5th(that’s next Friday)!! And keep your eyes out for other promotions we’ll be running over the next months.