By now, most of us are familiar with the new look of Facebook Timeline. Not only are posts arranged chronologically, but there is more space to make a big visual impression. The cover image and inset picture offer a great opportunity to build your event’s brand. Your Facebook fans get some eye candy, and you associate your event with an image that strikes a chord. To give you some ideas on brand building through images, here are ten events that did a great job with their new Facebook covers:
1. Big Sur International Marathon – Showcase your beautiful course
2. Bay to Breakers - Put the personality and spirit of your race on display
3. Ironman Florida – Everyone loves the hardware – show off your finisher’s medals
4. Nike Women’s Half & Full Marathon – Promote the good cause your race supports*
*NOTE: Per Facebook’s guidelines, you are not allowed to use contact information, such as a web address, in the cover image. Nike does a great job of featuring their charity, but should not have include the URL.
5. The Color Run – Fun, fun, fun! Show your fans something unique about your event
6. Ragnar Relay Series – Update your cover image with a personal message to runners, pre- and post-race
7. Disney Marathon - Inspire nostalgia and/or highlight your event’s history
8. Vineman Triathlon – Get literal…or use an image that is synonymous with your race
9. Spartan Race – Provide a short description or info that offers valuable details
10. New York City Marathon – Add a motivational statement to inspire people to register
Before you get started with your new image, check out Facebook’s cover guidelines and share your new covers in the comments below!
Like these images? Share them on Facebook by clicking share or like below.